Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2009

the unknown island series

a show at the drumcroon gallery in wigan, Private view april 24, 6-30 til 8pm, all welcome. The show runs til July 3.............................................................................. visit http://www.drumcroon.org.uk/home.html
nothing on site yet .
The exhibition includes nikki parmenter and eric gaskell.
The work that I have on show is a mixture of "The navigator series", " the flying carpets series" and "the unknown island"

1 comment:

Michael J Hunt said...

Hello Charlie, Jo and I are looking forward to having one of your mysterious islands on our bedroom wall. We were both struck by your powerful imagery and use of metaphor. The more I studied your work, the more I realised the power of travel, and the lure of the unknown. My own work has been much affected by the same theme, as you'll discover when you get into the Amm book. There are uncanny parallels in our explorations of images and words - the unpredictability of voyages, especially under sail, the vagaries of weather, the uncertainties of navigation (especially the problems posed by longitude)and overland journeys through uncharted country. Even your island theme finds a mirror image in my tiny 'nation-state' set in the Cubango River in Angola.

I hope we'll be able to meet next time you visit Wigan, when I hope we'll have more time to discuss the strange coincidence of time, place and imagination.

Best wishes and good luck in your future explorations, Michael